Sunday, November 28, 2010

 

Instead of homework

I have spent much time the last two days avoiding my homework and reading all of the 2006 and 2007 posts from MirrorMirror a blog which I just love to visit. Paola Thomas writes about her adventures in relocating from London to Seattle, raising a child, and running her online shop MirrorMirror hence her blog name. I don't remember how I found her blog, but find it hugely readable. And I also secretly-in-my-head stalk her. I know she lives in Wallingford and has an awesome view of Lake Union, every morning passing Gasworks on the way to work and every night on the way home I wonder which house is hers. She takes very pretty pictures as well:

Image courtesy of MirrorMirror

I do love to read her posts about decorating her house and her other designerly posts even though our styles couldn't be more different. Paola likes pinks, celadon green, turquoise and feminine things, I would call her style elegant and pretty yet comfortable. I tend to be Edgar Allen Poe meets mid-century mod, with a touch of goth and a dash of punk thrown in. But I can appreciate good stuff when I see it, even if its not to my taste. Anyway, this post is turning into a bit of a fan-girl episode so I shall get to the point. The point is that catching up on Paola's archives has made me feel terribly guilty for neglecting this blog (not to mention the other three blogs) and I am going to commit myself (not literally!) to updating more often. I know I said this before, but I mean it this time, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home