Sunday, February 17, 2008

 

I'm keeping the car

Lately I've been thinking that I should get rid of my car for a hybrid. If I'm going to be too lazy to bus to work I should at least be green in my car to alleviate the guilt. And the bf getting in an accident last November (7k in damages to my car all covered by insurance yippee) made me think that my car will never be worth more now as a trade-in. But then I think about it some more, I hated having car payments and busted my butt paying the car off early. And there's nothing wrong with my car, for goodness sakes, its right side is completely new. As long as I keep up the regular maintenance this thing ought to last me many more years. But the gas thing does bug me, we are only getting about 21mpg. But the plan truth is that I cannot afford car payments unless I am willing to put less away in savings each month. So I write this post to myself as a reminder that saving for an emergency fund and for a house is more important right now than buying a car.

image from lolcars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home