Monday, July 03, 2006

 

my first ebay auction, over already!


Manstown, otherwise known as our garage masquerading as a music studio, is getting a facelift this summer. My bf has a group of guys that come over every week and play jam band, we can have anywhere from 3 to 10 of them show up at a time. Anyway the walls, which are currently unfinished drywall, will be mudded, taped and painted and maybe we will even get a new carpet remnant for the floor. Currently the 'town, is in a state of upheaval, the guys came and got their gear and this coming weekend we will be hauling everything out sorting it into keep, donate or trash and then the next weekend we will have a bbq/do all the cosmetic work party.

So the point of this story is that my bf is soliciting donations from all the townsfolk to help pay for the redo, one of the guys gave something to auction off on ebay as his donation. I was given the job of auctioning for which I am to be given $50 of the proceeds. I have never sold on ebay before so I was quite looking forward to my task. This afternoon I composed the listing and posted it at 3:30, we then went out to run errands after which I was going to do a post letting y'all know I was conducting my first auction. Well when we got back at 5, I checked my email and yippee! Someone had chosen the buy it now option and my first auction was already over. I hardly had any time to enjoy the process, but I'm very pleased with the results. I will be using my $50 as vacation money and hopefully the rest will be enough to fund all the paint, tape, carpet, junk hauling etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home