Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Citi is paying me for nothing

I have 2 Citi cards a regular and a business card. They are both rewards cards, I use the regular one for all my monthly purchases so I can earn the cash back and then I pay it off at the end of the month. Both cards also give me a $5 credit every month because I signed up to receive my statements electronically. And since the business card has a zero balance, Citi sends me a check for the $5 every month. I think its quite funny that I'm getting paid for a card I don't use. And it also makes me wonder, if Citi can afford to pay you for not receiving paper statements, exactly how much did it cost them to send out paper statements? I wouldn't imagine that they would be willing to pay people more than it cost to generate the statements otherwise they'd be losing money.  But that is their problem and I shall continue to happily receive the $5 check every month which I can add to my $20 challenge, cool!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Tim MMF said...

The credit is $5 every month? I must have missed that announcement for my Citi card. I signed up for electronic statements with my cell phone and received $10 off once. Ooooh, impressive. ;)

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the $5 credit just once when I moved from sanil mail to e statements.How do u manage to keep getting the $5 each month? Enlighten me !!!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Ms. MiniDucky said...

Whoa whoa whoa, every month? I thought it was just $5 one time!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home