Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

We Have Achieved a Goal and Our Reward Is...

Pizza!!! Yes we achieved our goal of a month without delivery pizza and our reward is pizza! And not just one, but two. But it was frugal you see, the bf likes the pizza with everything and I like canadian bacon & pineapple. So I thought I'd get each of us a medium and that way there would be plenty of leftovers for lunches. So I dutifully went to all of our normal pizza websites and priced out the pizzas. And I discovered that Papa Johns was having a sale, get two large pizzas for $21.99. One large is the Works and the other was a 2-topping pizza so it worked out perfectly and was about $8 cheaper than getting 2 mediums from everywhere else. This is how I justify it in my mind.

Over the last month I've made homemade pizza several different ways, but there is nothing quite like the taste of delivery pizza, I think its the grease kinda like a fast food burger is different than a home made burger. And now we've decided that since it didn't kill us (but I don't feel stronger), we are going to limit our delivery pizza to once a month or less. So the goal accomplished two things, we saved some money and we learned that we can live without pizza.

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Spikes said...

Hi. Having been an aficionado on delivery/frozen/homemade/take-n-bake pizzas, and being cheap to boot, I wholeheartedly recommend Papa Murphy's take-and-bake. They make 'em fresh, you take 'em home and bake. And, it is SO much cheaper than delivery and much higher quality! If you don't have Murphy's nearby, check for a local vendor. Good luck!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home