Friday, May 05, 2006

 

I'm going naked and I'm sad


Catchy title huh? In the spirit of My Open Wallet and many others, I have decided to go with full disclosure and share with y'all what I make. In a later post I'll chart out where it all goes after I get it.

So here's the naked part of the post: My monthly salary before taxes is $4041, after all the various takeaways, I take home $2962.28. The bf donates $600 of his salary to me because I am the one in charge of paying all the bills, making my grand total of income for the month $3562.28.

And here's the sad part of the post (but only kinda): My whole life I have only had a single goal in regards to my career, I came up with it in high school and its never left me. My goal was to take home $3000/month after taxes. And I am soooo close, it makes me almost teary-eyed! And even worse, in July the State (I'm a state employee) will generously give us a 1% cola increase and my new take home total will be $2991.90, $8.10 away from my monthly goal. So close and yet so far away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiredbuthappy said...

You'll make it! And how old are you anyway? Pretty young to be fulfilling your big dream. In ten years you'll be saying, "remember when I thought $3K/month after taxes was a lot of money?"

11:00 AM  
Blogger kassy said...

Thank Claire, I feel like its teasing me its so close. And I'm 37 which is probably too old to be fulfilling goals from high school. Now the challenge is what should my new career goal be when I meet this one?

12:11 PM  
Blogger freedumb said...

kassy, Thanks for sharing ur income! That's pretty interesting that all salaries are revealed...makes for an interesting lunch conversation when someone doesn't pull their weight, but they are making a lot of $$$...Jeez, $8.10...do you have to get that from one job? Maybe a part time job...once a week or something :) Or sell something on ebay...Good luck though...I'm sure you'll be setting a new goal soon.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home