Friday, May 19, 2006

 

Do you have too much stuff or a simply a small house?


This was something I posed to the bf the other night: "Do you think we have too much stuff?" Right off the bat he said no, we live in a small house. But then he gave it some thought and said that he has too much stuff. I did think that it was extremely kind of him to say he and not we or even worse say that I have too much stuff.

But I think its an interesting question for us because we do live in a small house, 670sf. In fact I moved out of a larger apartment to move in with him. So yes, I think the size of our house does contribute to my feeling that we have too much stuff. Also, I will admit neither of us are the most motivated of housekeepers. While not slovenly, things do not get put away as quickly or as often as they should.

I think that in order for me to be able to answer my question I will first have to tidy up and get everything in its place. Then I will be able to accurately gauge if we do indeed have too much stuff or not enough space. sigh...

What about the rest of you: too much stuff or not enough space?

5 Comments:

Blogger mapgirl said...

I live in a 500 sq ft studio and I think I have too much stuff. Lately I've been asking myself, 'Why do I have this? Do I use it? Do I still want it?' It's amazing when you ask yourself these questions what your brain thinks.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For decluttering, try Flylady.net. Comes from a Christian viewpoint, but religion is not pushed on anyone. This site is great and has LOADS and LOADS of followers. Flyladies Unite!!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Todd said...

I think that I have to much space! As a result of that, I have to much stuff.

Who knows how much junk I would have if I lived in something smaller. (not that where I am now is huge, but I could get by with something more 'cozy')

8:15 PM  
Blogger OnlyExaggerationsAreTrue said...

I have too much stuff and not enough space.

Have you considered the lawn as a storage area?

~oeat

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Ren said...

We live in a 2BR apartment with approx 800 sf. We are about to have our 3rd child and I was going through the kids' room closet (the only feasible storage area at this point) and took out 7 storall boxes that don't contain stuff that's theirs! I thought there were only maybe 4. Oh, and then there was the 2 rubbermaid file boxes... We have too much stuff.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home