Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Credit Card Payoff Chart

This is the chart I use to track my credit card payments and make sure that I am still going to meet my February 2007 pay-off goal. I'm happy to report that CC#1 will be paid off this month, yippee!!

creditcardchart


5/11 Update: Somebody commented and asked for the Excel code I used. I assume you mean the formula, first I want to issue a disclaimer saying that I am a novice when it comes to Excel so there may be an easier way to have done this but here goes:

Using CC#2, in the first row you have the starting balance, then the interest, then your payment. The formula goes in cell 1 of the second row where you have to add the interest to the starting balance and then subtract the payment amount. The formula looks like this:
=SUM(A3 + (A3*B3) - C3) The 3 of course corresponds to whatever row you are currently in.

The formula for the interest column looks like this: =SUM(A3*B3)

4 Comments:

Blogger mapgirl said...

Nifty chart! Good luck! Hooray for knocking one CC down!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance of seeing the excel code behind this?

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Melster said...

the chart is unavailable. Can you repost it again?

6:27 PM  
Blogger kassy said...

Melster

I'll try to find it for you, I've changed computers since then and haven't transferred my old files over yet.

Kassy

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home