Saturday, May 20, 2006

 

Coke Rewards...I have a toothache!

When you buy a 20oz. coke or a fridge pack you can turn in the code in the cap or box end for points at the coke website. You can then trade in your points for stuff. Just for fun I took a look at the products you can get with your points. For only 20,000 points I can get a 40 inch Sony Bravia LCD HDTV, cool!!! I have 39 points already so I only need 19961. At 10 points for each fridge pack, that works out to my having to buy 1996.1 fridge packs. At an average of $4.50/ea I will spend $9772.91 with tax to earn my points. Once I come out of my sugar coma I will head to the Coke site and turn in my points for the tv valued at.....$3499.99. After the income tax for my new tv, I will have spent around 10g for the tv. I could have bought 2 tvs with my $10,000 and saved myself the coma and the cavities. At one coke/day for each of us it would take 32 years to go through all that coke, eek. Not to mention the dentist bills!

I guess the point (ha) of this is don't buy products (or use your credit card) solely for the points you're earning. Make sure that whatever you're buying is something you would have purchased even without getting points.

4 Comments:

Blogger udandi said...

$4.50 a fridge pack? holy smokes that right there would keep me from buying!

I am still waiting on the coupons I won from the Olympics contest...

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Todd said...

I seem to use the flyer miles I get as an excuse to use my credit card more.

After a point, it does get a little silly.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Kirby said...

Kassy, you're right - I've found myself guilty of using the points as an excuse for spending before. I think it's best to just view points as an allocated perk from your regular spending. Great blog by the way!

7:18 AM  
Blogger kassy said...

Test comment to make sure these go to the right email address

kle

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home