Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

What is my car's value???

I went to Vehix, Edmonds and Kelley Blue Book to determine the value of my car, every site had different values and I'm not sure which one to use in calculating my net worth:


Kelley Blue Book
Trade-in $11660
Private Party $13345
Suggested Retail $16045* They do not let you input the cars condition for Suggested Retail, the price given is based on an assumed excellent condition and is a starting point for negotiation. My car is only in good condition so SRV would actually be lower.

Edmonds
Trade-in $11775
Private Party $13136
Dealer $14349

Vehix
Trade-in $15175
Retail $17575
Vehix is pretty inaccurate I believe, they do not ask you the condition of the car (excellent, good, fair etc) and they do not allow you to input as many features as Kelley and Edmonds.

Right now I'm using the Edmonds Private Party value even though I should probably be using the trade-in value, but private party seemed nicer to my net worth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jane Dough said...

Since I plan on holding onto my car until I run it into the ground, I just pick the lowest value Edmunds presents me with for my Net Worth. Sure I am lowballing the value of my car, but then I do tend to be conservative with the hard to liquidate assets.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home