Monday, April 17, 2006

 

Giving a Shout Out to...a Commercial??

There is a commercial roaming the airwaves these days that I found interesting and I can't get it out of my head. Its a John Hancock commercial and the first thing said is to treat your family finances as a business. That really struck a chord with me, am I treating my family's finances as well as and as carefully as I would my business finances (assuming I had a business). It was a take on family finances that I hadn't thought of before. It's also a take that ties in with a blog I discovered today, The Family CEO, where a mom has hired herself to be her family's Chief Economist and has saved her family $8311 so far, her goal is to earn the highest salary she can. I really, really like this idea especially since my finances really are my "business". I would like to be able to say, as the commercial does, "The Sparing Change Family finished on an upnote today".

1 Comments:

Blogger The Family CEO said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm looking forward to exploring your blog.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home