Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

This post made me mad!!!!

Yesterday I found a post on PFBlogs that made me really mad. It was an article from Scripps via SBM's Financial Coups talking about how a gentleman thought his credit card debt was too high so he made a $6500 payment. And the credit card company didn't immediately deposit the check because:

"the amount they had sent in was much larger than their normal monthly payment. And if the increase hits a certain percentage higher than that normal payment, Homeland Security has to be notified. And the money doesn't move until the threat alert is lifted"

Homeland Security has to be notified??? Because he might be a terrorist because he made a larger payment than normal?? So minimum payment amounts are raised by the credit card companies in order to get us to pay more, but if we pay too much, watch out - you could be considered a terrorist!!

Yesterday a friend of mine commented on a previous post about how his bank was concerned because he made a larger than normal deposit at an ATM machine. I wonder if the same kind of flag went up? Are we supposed to not deposit money in the bank and not pay off our credit card debt in order to not be a terrorist? I wish I could win the lottery right now so I could pay off my debt and make a large bank deposit just to make Homeland Security sweat.




1 Comments:

Anonymous mbhunter said...

It used to be so much easier to transfer money around.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home