Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Somebody smack me please!!!

February is the best month even though Kweee disagrees. February is my birthday month, so I allowed myself to not worry about the budget as my present. We didn't worry about conserving energy and stayed nice and toasty warm all month, I bought some cd's I'd been wanting and a food processor. We ate out a couple times and this is where the smacking starts. Although I had assumed we would go over the food budget this month, I did not think we would go 125% over the food budget!!!! I am now suffering from eater's remorse, somebody pass the antacids please.

And here is something else that I am smacking myself for, I don't allow for discretionary spending in the budget. Well that will change as soon as the March budget starts on Friday. And March shall be known as the month of attacking the eating out and controlling the discretionary spending!!!

smack, smack (my head hurts)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jane Dough said...

Ouch! Stop smacking and start saving :) I also treated myself in February since it was my Birthday month as well. The good thing is the month only lasts 28 days - imagine how many antacids you would need if born in January!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous MoneyDummy said...

You and me both. I'm always amazed at how much over the dining budget we go unless I watch it carefully EVERY SINGLE DAY! It's just so hard to resist, especially when eating out is so much more yummy than eating at home. ;+)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Okay, since it's your birthmonth, then maybe February isn't so bad after all. ;)

6:42 PM  
Blogger kassy said...

Thank you Nick, although from a financial standpoint you are dead-on about February having a higher cost of living, which I guess I kind of proved as well :)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home