Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Its cheaper to be short when flying


This week Northwest Airlines announced a plan they call Coach Choice. They will hold back some of the aisle seats and the emergency row seats when taking reservations. Then at check in they will charge anyone who would like to sit in those seats an extra $15. Its another way for NWA to get back some of their losses. I've only flown NWA once, it was back before they started charging for the in-flight meal and I thought it was a fabulous meal but I'm not paying extra for food and I'm not going to pay extra for more legroom. United Airlines has a similar program in which they will charge passengers an extra fee at check in if they want to upgrade to unsold seats in a better section of the plane.

On a related note, Financial Freedumb has a link where you can earn free NWA Worldperks miles, maybe you can use the miles to pay for an aisle seat. 200 miles for answering some questions and 2000 if you use the miles in 90 days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jose Anes said...

I fly every week... Airline travel has become worse than bus travel. However, in some ways it have become cheaper.

Money And Investing

6:54 PM  
Blogger freedumb said...

Hi Kassy, Thanks for the link up! I kind of think it's about time the airline industry started doing other things rather than just cutting costs...I dunno if I'd pay for more legroom or an aisle seat though...I like the Window anyway! :)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home