Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Debt Update



It occurs to me that I haven't posted a debt update in a long while and reducing our debt was one of the reasons I started this blog so here goes. Back in October was when I started getting serious about paying off the debt, I created spreadsheets to map out how long it would take depending on payment amounts etc. Back then the debt was $12832.99 and I was paying $516 a month towards it. Since then it went up a little because of using one of the credit cards for holidays and cat expenses but we've got the discretionary fund for those expenses now. Right now the debt is $9695.27. We are paying $1016 minimum/month on it and hope to have it paid off by next February.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jose Anes said...

Good luck on debt payments.
I know it is difficult and sometimes it requires temporary sacrifices. When you finally free yourself from debt it will feel a lot better....

Money And Investing

6:55 PM  
Anonymous credit card spy said...

People should get rid of the stupid credit cards and spot borrowing more money than you earn!

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home