Friday, December 30, 2005

 

Problems with Citi

When I applied online for a Citi Dividend card to take advantage of the 0% balance transfer offer, I was approved for a $2300 credit line, not enough to do a balance transfer of $2900. Last week when Customer Service called me to verify my information, I requested that it be increased so that I could do a balance transfer. I was told the credit line would be $4000 when I received the card. Well I received the card today and the credit line was only $2300, when I called Customer Service they told me that the $4000 had only been an estimate and that my debt to income ratio was too high and they would not increase the credit limit. I cancelled the card since it worthless to me, I only wanted it for the balance transfer. I'm also going to write a letter to Citi, I'm not sure how one person on the phone can tell me that $4000 is approved and another tell me that it was only an estimate. I don't believe that they took into account my credit score of over 700, the fact that I have never had a late payment in my 18 year credit history, or the fact that my debt is less than 50% of my available credit. I'll post more if they answer my letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home