Friday, December 02, 2005

 

Cookies, My Grandma, and Frugality

Today would have been my Grandma's 81st birthday. I've been thinking about her a lot lately because I made peanut butter cookies not too long ago. The recipe is one my Grandma found in the newspaper a long time ago when I was about eight I guess. I remember that she clipped it out because it was an easy recipe for kids, so it was perfect for baking cookies with my sister and me. This is the only peanut butter cookie recipe my sister and I use and its the only recipe I have memorized. The frugality comes into play because there are only 3 main ingredients most of which are pantry staples. So in honor of Grandma Francie's birthday:

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of sugar
chocolate chips are optional

Mix well, drop by rounded spoonfuls on non-stick cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. If they are a little soft when done, thats okay they usually firm up on cooling. Thats it! Very easy, makes about a dozen cookies. They are very sweet so have with milk and enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger oakland heidi said...

wow... that is the easiest recipe ever! I'm so surprised it works!

I miss my grandmother too...

Happiest of birthdays to yours.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home