Monday, November 28, 2005

 

A Little Splurge, but Great Customer Service

We decided to treat ourselves to Netflix, just the basic plan for $9.99. I'm justifying it by saying that the money is such a small amount that it won't be missed and I feel that we deserve some kind of treat due to our constant scrimping in other areas. Going to one movie per month would cost at least $20, with Netflix I figure we can see about 8 movies/month which comes out to $0.62/movie per person. I'm feeling guilty about getting the Netflix as you can see so I'm using this post as a confessional.

I also wanted to mention the excellent customer service I received from Netflix (inspired by Cathy at Chief Family Officer mentioning her experiences with customer service). When you sign up for Netflix you get a 14 day free trial. Well our 2nd movie received stopped playing halfway through. After I notified Netflix, they shipped out a replacement dvd before receiving the damaged one back which I thought that was pretty cool. I also emailed to ask if it was possible to have my free trial extended because of the damaged dvd, I was hoping for an extra day or two. They not only said okay, they gave me 10 extra days, so my 14-day free trial is now 24! Ask and ye shall receive, woo hoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger oakland heidi said...

netflix is fantastic...

I am on a major major budget. I let my netflix go, but found in desperate moments I would go to the video store... soon I realizd I was spending more money than I was with my netflix.

It makes it nice to stay in, you don't feel like your missing out so much when you have something to look forward to. I save mucho money with netflix... even though it seems like a luxury.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Credit Card Offers said...

Everyone deserves a treat once in a while.

Enjoy.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home