Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Buy Nothing Day

As Black Friday approaches, I read today that the trend this year is for the major retailers to open at 5am the day after Thanksgiving. One store is opening at 1am and yet another is going to be open from 7-9pm ON THANKSGIVING ITSELF!!! I'm not going to name the retailers, they don't deserve the free publicity, but this is even affecting my family. My brother-in-law works at a Mall and he has to be at work super early on Friday so we are doing Thanksgiving lunch instead of dinner. I say just say no to Black Friday! Check out this site for Buy Nothing Day instead. And here is Wikipedia's entry on the traditional Thanksgiving celebration.

1 Comments:

Anonymous mbhunter said...

Thanks for sharing this. This is an eye-opener. I posted about your article on my blog.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home